dYdX is an exchange that makes it easy for any professional crypto traders to get started with margins and leverage. If you are a crypto trader who uses margin trading to make money, you need to start using dYdX exchange for your crypto leverage trading!
dYdX Exchange is one of the leading cryptocurrency trading DEXs. The dYdX Exchange Trading Plan has no hidden fees, and the majority of its fees are deducted at the time of trading.
dYdX Exchange has one of the most competitive low trading fees on the market. They have no exit fees on traders on dYdX!
dYdX Exchange Review
dYdX Exchange is a peer-to-peer exchange that enables users to convert cryptocurrencies including Bitcoin and Ethereum into fiat currencies, and vice-versa.
While dYdX provides services for regular users, bitcoin traders can also use dYdX to convert their bitcoin into fiat at a 1% discount. However, trading in cryptocurrencies is riskier than traditional trading because it involves substantial risks, which are magnified by margin trading.
DYDX is an exchange for traders to make cryptocurrency transactions.
dYdX Pros & Cons
dYdX is a decentralized exchange built on the 0x Protocol for Ethereum but is now shifting to their own blockchain. dYdX is a decentralized project that aims to connect various token pairs, liquidity pools, and market makers on-chain.
- No gas fees when trading perpetual or swapping supported assets
- Staking DYDX token
- Long and short with high leverage
- Earn interest on deposited assets and competitive borrowing rates
- Decentralized – more secure and control over assets
- More transparency
- More demand for ETH/ERC20 token $dYdX
- Limited selection for margin trading pairs (expanding to more pairs)
- The interest rate for Ethereum can sometimes hit 0%, effectively making it worthless
- Gas costs on Deposits and Withdrawals when using trading on Layer 1
- Does not have a centralized authority in case of asset/trade loss
How to Connect Your Wallet to dYdX
If you’re eager to start trading cryptocurrency, it’s as simple as linking your cryptocurrency wallet to dYdX trading exchange.
You might ask, “Why would I want to trade DYDX?” The answer is that DYDX is a blockchain-based token for insurance, and you will be able to purchase insurance using DYDX tokens.
The process of connecting Your Wallet to dYdX
- Visit https://margin.dydx.exchange/ or https://trade.dydx.exchange/
- Click “Connect Wallet”
- Choose your wallet of choice, as noted in the Supported Wallets section some can only be connected to the “trade” or perpetual version of dYdX
- If connecting to the margin section you simply sign through your web wallet that you want to connect, and create an account with the option of creating a username and adding an email, but is not required
- If connecting to the trade section then you have to generate a Stark Key, which is free, by verifying through your wallet, and then you create your account with the same options of a username and an email
- Click “Create Account”
- Verify the transaction through your wallet
- Done! You can deposit assets into the trading platform from your wallet to begin crypto trading
Sign up for free on dYdX
What You Can buy on dYdX (dYdX Exchange Review)
Since dYdX operates as a margin trading platform that supports following coins:
- Ethereum (ETH)
- Dai (DAI)
- USD Coin (USDC)
- However, if trading perpetual you have many more options, you are just buying a position rather than an asset. You can take positions in many different crypto coins and tokens including but not limited to:
- Bitcoin (BTC)
- Solana (SOL)
- Polkadot (DOT)
- Polygon (MATIC)
- Cosmos (ATOM)
- Chainlink (LINK)
- Uniswap (UNI)
- Cardano (ADA)
- Filecoin (FIL)
- Dogecoin (DOGE)
Best features of dYdX exchange
dYdX is a decentralised exchange platform (decentralized because there are no centralised servers or operators, and exchange is an exchange); its main goal is to provide a decentralized exchange infrastructure for trading cryptocurrencies.
As a Crypto trader, you can use Advance Tools available on dYdX Exchange to Long or Short your Crypto.
Layer 2 Trading Fees schedule:
Updated Perpetuals on Layer 2 Trade Fees – http://help.dydx.exchange/en/articles/4798040-perpetual-trade-fees
Borrowing interest rates float depending on supply and demand and can be found on the Markets page. These fees are paid directly to lenders, not dYdX.
Deposits and Withdrawals
There are no fees associated with deposits or withdraws on dYdX. However, the user is responsible for the gas cost of the deposit/withdraw transaction, which is paid to Ethereum miners.
An exception to this is for fast withdrawals on the Layer 2 Perpetual product. A 0.1% fee is charged to cover the cost of the liquidity needed to perform the fast withdrawal.
What makes a dYdX decentralized exchange platform the best?
- dYdX is a secure, fast and scalable platform, which allows you to trade cryptocurrencies, tokens and fiat currencies.
- One Time deposit costs per coin. Eg: If you are deposting USDC for trading, you will have to pay $1 as transaction costs once only.
- No GAS Costs on transactions unlike Uniswap
- dYdX is the world’s first decentralized platform with smart contract technology. Smart contracts are self-executing legal contracts that do exactly what is agreed upon in code.
- First time deposits >$500 are gas free (LAYER 2)
- Free trading up to $100K every 30 days
- Referral program with up to 40% rev share
- dYdX’s has NO KYC unlike Binance!
Is dYdX Safe?
dYdX is extremely safe to use because it is decentralized, so user’s funds are locked into smart contracts rather than being held by an exchange. It is secured by the Ethereum blockchain. The only risk you run in using dYdX is making a bad trade.
dYdX is a decentralized exchange platform that aims to provide a safe, secure, and user-friendly interface for buying and selling digital assets. The platform launched in July 2018 and is based on Ethereum’s blockchain and uses its ERC-20 token, dYdX, as its main currency.
And the platform supports multiple cryptocurrencies, including Bitcoin, Ethereum, XRP, and Litecoin, and allows users to trade these currencies for dYdX. The platform also provides users with the dYdX Wallet, which allows users to store their dYdX tokens.
Sign up for free on dYdX
What are dYdX Fees & Charges?
The fees you pay on dYdX vary depending on if you are doing margin or perpetual trading, and it should be noted that swaps between DAI, ETH and USDC are free.
No Trading fees upto $100k every month. So if you trade less than $100k, dYdX won’t charge you anything!
Not many decentralized trading exchange provide ZERO fees on trading.
Sign up for free on dYdX
Wrapping Up – dYdX Exchange Review
dYdX Exchange is most powerful decentralized margin trading cryptocurrency exchange that’s aiming to offer its users a fast and KYC-free way to trade cryptocurrencies.
dYdX Sign up is easy, just connect your wallet with crypto, and select the type of cryptocurrency you’d like to trade.
Once your account is created, you can start trading right away with their advance set of trading tools.
Also read –
Enjin Coin (ENJ) Review : Should you HODL Enjin coin?